Life Saver of the Hill Country: Keeping Texas Families Safe From Drowning
At Life Saver of the Hill Country, our mission is to spread the good news that drowning is preventable and to do our part to end child drowning accidents. Our mission is to prevent drownings in every pool and natural body of water in Texas Hill Country. We will accomplish this by educating families about pool/water safety, and by installing the best removable mesh pool fencing into swimming pools, waterways and any body of water.
Owner Jason Sheffield is a trained, licensed contractor for over 10 years and is also a water expert. He is dedicated to doing what it takes to keep children safe. Jason felt it was important to start this business after his family suffered the tragic loss of their 3 year-old-son Rory in August 2016, who would still be alive today if the vacation rental home they rented had installed a Life Saver pool fence rather than the wrought iron fence they had installed. Jason wants to:
- install fences to prevent drownings
- educate other parents about what they can do to keep their children safe, and
- use a percentage of Life Saver’s of the Hill Country’s profits to go to the Rory the Warrier, Inc. organization (more details below)
Jason is active on social media discussing water and pool safety. Join him here:
He advocates for multiple layers of protection when it comes to keeping children safe around water, and a pool safety fence is only one of them.
Other layers of protection Jason recommends are:
- Adult supervision, stay in arms reach and have a water guardian.
- Window and door alarms on all that open to the water.
- Pool safety fence surrounding the pool perimeter and/or between the home and body of water.
- Survival swim (ISR), then basic swim skills. Never swim alone.
- Learn CPR and Emergency Oxygen; and, have an emergency Oxygen tank readily available near water.
- Wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket in and around bodies of water, on docks and on boats.
Rory The Warrior, Inc.— A Way To Give Back
A percentage of Life Saver of the Hill Country’s profits go to Rory the Warrior, Inc – Giving Heroes the tools to save lives.
“We want to support the Volunteer fire departments and first responders that Rory so loved. So we started Rory the Warrior, Inc in honor of our little Warrior, Rory Antley Sheffield.” – Sheffield Family
For more information about Rory The Warrior, visit https://rorythewarrior.org/.